"Best of NYC"
| Crew Member: ||Christine|
| Location:||New York, New York|
| Photo Album:||(2007-09-05) NYC|
Navigating NY Harbor
Chrysler Building and Coast Guard
Hudson River Cruise
Under the Tappanzee
|New York, New York. It really is the most wonderful town. I’d argue the best city on the planet. As such, there’s just too much to cover in narrative form; here’s a list of highlights from our 6 week stopover:
- An armed greeting on the East River (it was U.N. week)
- Football at Demo Nation
- Rich & Jess, the hosts with the very most.
- Spilling popcorn on Diane Wiest at the NYC Film Festival
- Beastie Boys first ever Brooklyn show, McCarren Pool
- Mooring the Boat on the Upper West Side
- Walking the Brooklyn Bridge
- Free city-wide WiFi
- Explaining to Jason why it was so exciting to spill popcorn on Diane Wiest. “Edward Scissorhands!” “Bullets over Broadway!” “Lost Boys!” “Parenthood!”
- Sailing past the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island
- A sidewalk seat to the filming of the Sex and the City movie. To quote Jason, “SJP is so tiny I could fit her in my pocket.”
- The Earth Room
- Meeting our friend Marcia in SoHo. Hello Houston!
- Catching the band “The Mountain Goats” on the fly
- Drinking LiberallyMeet Up at the Queen of all dive bars, Rudys!
- Catching up on “Weeds” with Rich & Jess. Long time no T.V.
- The subway. The PATH. The JiTNY. Finally, a city with public transportation.
- Touring the NYC public library. Do it if you haven’t already.
- Meeting my bro David, en route to his new home in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Tassels and boobies at The Patriot bar. God Bless it!
- Hanging out during a recording session for “Eugene.”
- The perfect pizza.
- IFC Theatre, SoHo
- Jersey City Arts Festival
- Imbibing a “Practically Perfect Planter’s Punch” (with I swear about 6 shots of various liquors in it) at a $10 showing of “Mary Poppins” on Broadway. Chim-chiminey-chiroo!
- Pastrami sandwiches as big as your head from Zabars
- My breakfast favorite everywhere: lox & bagel.
- $12 six-packs of beer. Just kidding. Guess we’d call that a “lowlight.”
- Looking at real estate for fun. INSANITY. How do people live here??
- Standing in queue for Shakespeare in the Park. We never actually scored tickets. Just stood in line.
- Nathan’s hot dogs, Coney Island.
- The Brooklyn Cyclones. If you can’t get tix to the Yankees, a happy alternative.
- Free Tickets to Professional Beach Volleyball play-offs. Coney Island.
- Riding in cars with Rich Kaht. He really takes city driving to a new level. Not for the faint of heart!
- The Met. The MOMA. The Cloisters. The Guggenheim. Too many to list.
- Cart Food. Cheap, interesting, and always tasty.
- Hanging with our boy Logan, the best dog-sitting gig ever!